this is a blog

that i use to organize the daily advice i receive from literature and music.

at the moment:

dead bloggin'. the riaa says no to me posting these songs here. the quotes are still viable, though.

search

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

permission to explode



"i've been banging on car dashboards since i was six years old, following and flowing with the rhythm until it poured out of my ears...rhythm and tourette syndrome have been intertwined from the first day i found that drumming on a table could mask my jerky hand, leg, and neck movements...this newly found masking actually harnessed my unbound energy, directing it into an orderly flow. this 'permission to explode' let me tap into vast reservoirs of sounds, and physical sensations, and i realized that my destiny lay clearly before me. i was to become a rhythm man." /david aldridge

john coltrane - the drum thing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me

My photo
i don't like it--i love it. if i don't love it, i don't swallow.